Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why "Travelogue of a Head Trip"?

The "Travel Log of a Head Trip" as my teenage self misspelled it, was the title of my journal in high school. I later (with the same misspelling, damn it) named my Livejournal the same, so I suppose my blogspot should follow suit, right? Travelogue being a written (in my case) account of my "travels" through life and head trip is a phrase I've heard a few definitions of, like: A mentally stimulating experience or An act or a pattern of behavior undertaken primarily for self-gratification. And there's always that certain association with the word "crazy". 


In my own way I'm all of these things, so now that we have all that cleared up, let me tell a little about myself. My name is Dawn, I'm a Leo though I don't find that most definitions of the sign describe me well. Oh and I have a LOT of interests that at some point I'll discuss more in depth, but to name a few that I know for sure will come up in no particular order:
  1. Alternative fashions: Lolita, Steampunk, Gothic, Historical
  2. Geeky social events: Conventions, Renaissance Faire, Meetups
  3. Geeky media: Video Games, Comic Books, Movies, Tv
  4. Outdoor activities: Hiking, Camping
  5. Creative outlets: Photography, Sewing, Making Jewelry, Graphic Design
I mean really this list could go on and on but we'll stick with the CliffsNotes version for now. I want to explore my obsessions  interests and if I get a reader or two along the way, well that's cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment